Although best known for our products, Discovery Software also provides services and consulting to companies and school districts. Often, these services are related to our products:
Rubrix is a platform. It includes a rubric creation editor, data collection capabilities for the web, Android and iOS, a database with massive capacity and reporting features.
But we leave the content expertise to others. We don’t profess to say what the criteria should be for evaluating a teacher, a student, a baseball player, a secretary or anything else.
Still, we’ve seen gazillions of rubrics and know what works. Perhaps we can help you:
- If you have an evaluation guide (aka: rubric) that you already use, we can most efficiently enter it into Rubrix for you at an extremely competitive rate ($35/page).
- If you want us to help improve your rubric based on our many years of experience, we can do that as well.
- If you want us to be even more involved and work with you to develop your rubrics (oddly enough, domain experts often have a hard time understanding exactly how they do what they do), we can help with that as well.
- If you want implementation services (e.g. on-site training, roll-out plan), we can save you some time.
SIS Liberty can read data from close to 100 different Student Information Systems. This data then is stored in a proprietary database structured specifically to hold generalized SIS data. That means as far as Principalm, Teacherpalm and Rubrix are concerned, there’s only one SIS database in the world that they have to worry about: SIS Liberty.
Maybe you have a product that needs SIS data and would rather only have to deal with a single source instead of 100 constantly changing ones?
Our architecture allows the addition of product-specific Providers to SIS Liberty. A custom Provider will provide exactly the data that external applications such as auto-dialers, data analysis and reporting tools or LMS systems might need.
Of course, the school/district ultimately decides what Providers they want to install: it’s their data not ours. But if you have an application that needs access to SIS data, and if you want to solve it for virtually every SIS in the market all at once… call us.
We occasionally license some of our core technologies for use in products sold by other companies. As part of these licenses, we are usually asked to perform contract work to help keep those third-party products working with our latest improvements.
As such partners learn the full breadth and depth of our experience, Discovery’s development often become integrated with their internal development teams in relationships that last for years.
Interested in using one of our products? Contact us and we’ll work out the details.
Discovery Software has provided software solutions for the K-12 education industry since 1984. With a focus on student information systems, Discovery is considered the expert in state and provincial reporting, gradebook and handheld solutions.
We have experience with the databases from close to 100 different Student Information Systems; it’s fair to say that Discovery’s knowledge of SIS’s is world-class. We have and continue to provide services related to education administration to large companies, small companies and directly to school districts.
But we are not a single domain trick pony. Discovery Software’s broad experience in terms of technologies and platforms has been called upon to develop and consult in other industries as well, including:
- an embedded mining software system for remotely operated mining equipment.
- a tracking system for a distribution and warehousing hub for the retail industry.
- a data warehousing solution component for a fault detection application used by the semiconductor industry.
- a generic on-line amateur sports management system for leagues, coaches and player administration.
- an investment accounting system
Our experienced analysts and developers work closely with you to gain a thorough understanding of your business and software needs. Our entire development process is client customized to help ensure that your project is implemented according to plan and that you meet your development goals.
Software by Type
- Web (LAMP, MEAN)
- Cloud computing (especially Amazon Web Services
Platforms (all versions)
- Windows, Mac (and cross-platform QT if you need both)
- Linux (and other Unix-like platforms including BSD, Solaris, AIX, Tru64, and older)
- iOS and Android smartphones and tablets